To develop musical phrasing and contour, interpretation, diversity of styles, flute skills, including tonal and technical skills, embouchure, hand position, posture and balance, breathing and a natural approach to the instrument. Community engagement and professional decorum will be addressed.
OBJECTIVES OF FLUTE STUDY
- Master techniques of flute playing, including tone production, breath control, vibrato, dynamic control, correct fingerings (regular, alternate, and trill), articulation styles, intonation tendencies and corrective measures.
- Learn and appreciate flute repertoire from all periods of music.
- Recognize and demonstrate understanding of all interpretive instructions found in music; recognize and demonstrate understanding of performance practice styles and conventions pertinent to the music.
- Know how to care for the instrument and identify problems that hinder good playing, such as keys out of adjustment and pads not covering tone holes.
- Develop knowledge of resources of information about the flute and flute playing.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English , Albanian
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes