About this Course
Join us as we explore the fundamental principles and early stages of teaching violin and viola through a series of engaging video lectures and lesson demonstrations, including: 1) Master classes with some of the world’s top string pedagogues, 2) Individual lesson demos of teaching violin/viola set up, left and right hand technique and pieces from the early violin/viola repertoire, 3) Group lesson demos of teaching music theory, ear training and fun activities that encourage good playing habits, and 4) A “field trip” to the violin shop, where we will outfit a new beginning student with a proper instrument and bow. You’ll also engage in a series of discussions and reflections with colleagues and peers across the globe. Upon completion of this course, we hope you’ll return to your studio with confidence, a new curriculum, and a renewed approach to sharing with your students the joyful experience of making beautiful music.
What You Will Learn?
- Parts of the instrument and its maintenance.
- Learn to hold the violin and the bow.
- Play the violin with a balanced and relaxed posture.
- Develop good tone by understanding bow distribution, speed, weight, and sounding point.
- Develop good intonation by understanding the function of the left hand and fingers, learn to listen for pitch accuracy.
- Learn basic bow strokes and articulations (i.e. detache, martele, staccato, slur).
- Get exposed to various musical styles.
- Play the violin with different dynamic levels.
- Learn to sight read.
- Learn to shift up to the third position.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English, Albanian , Macedonian
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes